Finding a great window company so that you can choose quality windows and doors can be tricky. Three things you can check will help you choose: the online reviews, the number of years a company has been in business under the same ownership, and whether their products align with your budget and aesthetics.
These three basic premises allow you to know a window and door company and choose quality windows and doors, reviews, longevity, and the products installed.
1. Company Reviews: Once you’ve checked their reviews, you’ll understand the company’s personality. Not unlike how we choose acquaintances.
2. Company Longevity: If the company has been in business for a long time, chances are they have an exceptional experience, and longevity is a good sign of reliability.
3. Company Products: Choosing a company that uses well-known window and door products from trusted manufacturers is important. Selecting one that employs Canadians at its manufacturing plants also helps our country’s economy, which benefits all of us.
Can you trust online reviews? Mostly, yes. However, sometimes the reviews are written by fake people.
- People want to help other people. It’s the reason reviews have become crucial to businesses. Most companies work hard to ensure excellence in customer service since customers will report on their experiences online and by word of mouth.
- Companies want you to know them and the positive attributes they’ve built their businesses around. It is also a good idea to see how a window company in your city; in this case, London, ON, responds to an unhappy review. Their response can illustrate the company’s professionalism, as well as their dedication to customer satisfaction.
- See Forest City Window & Door Ltd’s many 5 Star reviews. Go to the home page, scroll to the bottom, or google the company for more online reviews.
On a similar note: product reviews can also be fake.
- Forbes Business magazine warns that you should consider product reviews critically.
- Some online reviews for products, usually generic, are not real.
- Here are the top fake-reviewed products: headphones, chargers, cosmetics, sneakers, and fitness trackers.
- Most fake reviews are usually created for big corporations’ products and services.
You can help ensure you choose quality windows and doors by working with a company that’s been around longer than five years.
- It takes at least four or five years for a company to work through their business growing pains and become financially stable.
- Few companies are begun with ill intent. However, cash flow is the killer of new businesses. Yes, a new company may be able to provide you with excellent customer service and a discount, but that can be both a good and bad thing for them and you.
- If a company is no longer in business four years later,, it cannot provide service for any future concerns, leaving you feeling very alone.
- A window and door business must be profitable to ensure its staff can provide long-term excellence in customer service. A company that also installs quality products leads to the perfect recipe for a great business.
Forest City Window & Door Ltd. has served their London clients since 1993 with the highest quality service and a beautiful range of window and door styles to suit your home and pocketbook. Complete your project with matching siding products.
Forest City Window & Door Ltd. carries only ENERGY STAR certified manufacturers of windows and doors.
Choose an experienced manufacturer with a range of products so you can find one to suit your aesthetics, all while keeping their products energy-efficient, and affordable.
Read more in our post, ‘What You Should Look For When Buying Replacement Windows For Your Home.’
North Star Windows & Doors: A truly Canadian company. Because energy efficiency ratings are improved almost yearly, all products will meet either the previous ENERGY STAR standards or their newest standards, and comply with Canada’s geographical temperature requirements.
Gentek Windows and Doors: A US company with several Canadian manufacturing plants. Because energy efficiency ratings are improved almost yearly, all products will meet either the previous ENERGY STAR standards or their newest standards, and comply with Canada’s geographical temperature requirements.
KV Custom Windows & Doors: A fully Canadian company. Because energy efficiency ratings are improved almost yearly, all products will meet either the previous ENERGY STAR standards or their newest standards, and comply with Canada’s geographical temperature requirements.
Contact Forest City Window & Door Ltd.’s friendly staff to look at the styles offered by each manufacturer we proudly install.
Call Forest City Window & Door Ltd. at (519) 659 6906 to ask about our products.